In celebration of Global Wellness Day on Saturday, June 11, 2022, Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North will showcase a variety of offerings promoting mindfulness and holistic wellness. The day begins with Desert Bathing, incorporating a Zen Hike and mindful intention setting, followed by Soul & Sound Yoga and sound healing.
“Being mindful – and staying present – can often be quite challenging in our fast-paced, daily lives,” says Senior Spa Director Jaana Roth. “Global Wellness Day provides a great reminder to recharge, reconnect and take time to instill and support those overall wellness efforts.”
Resort guests and local residents are invited to take part in the Global Wellness Day line-up of activities, including:
6:30 am Desert Bathing
Take in the beauty of nature with a Desert Bathing experience that begins at The Spa. Approximately 60 minutes from start to finish, the class incorporates yoga poses, breathing and mindfulness with a light hike along the Resort grounds. The experience concludes with a complimentary selection of fresh juices back at The Spa.
8:00 am Soul & Sound Yoga
Participants will enjoy a 45-minute flow yoga class – showcasing elevated desert and Valley on the Resort’s outdoor lawns – combined with a restorative sound bath. Sound baths are thought to help promote better sleep and mindfulness, allowing the body to more deeply relax.
In celebration of Global Wellness Day, the Desert Bathing and Soul & Sound experiences are complimentary and open to the public. Reservations are required.
All-Day Wellness Menu at Proof, An American Canteen
Proof, An American Canteen will celebrate Global Wellness Day with a range of healthy menu items on its Global Wellness Day Menu. Whether enjoying breakfast, lunch or dinner, guests can savour the menu’s fresh combinations of healthy ingredients crafted by the Resort’s talented culinary team. Items highlighted for Global Wellness Day include the Kaleberry Blue Smoothie Bowl, with blue spirulina, wild blueberry, kale and oat milk, and the TropiAZ Parfait, with lemon vanilla Greek yogurt, mango, kiwi and hemp seed quinoa crunch. Choose from lunch items including the AZ Citrus Salad with baby greens and Arizona citrus, pickled carrot ribbons and snap peas, complemented by a refreshing Wild Tonic Kombucha Blueberry Basil drink.
For information about Global Wellness Day activities or to reserve a spot in the complimentary Desert Bathing or Soul & Sound Yoga, contact The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North at 480 513 5145.
About Global Wellness Day
First celebrated in 2012, Global Wellness Day is a social project dedicated to the promotion of living well. Officially celebrated in 100 countries at 4,000 locations in 2017, the purpose of Global Wellness Day is to explore the question “How can I live a healthier and better life.” According to its organizers, the main aims of the day are:
- To recognize the value of our lives
- To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well
Here is what is happening at various Four Seasons around the globe!
- At Four Seasons Resort the Nam Hai, Hoi An, start the day off with a newly introduced Kaoshikii dance (a psycho-physical exercise), followed by Cocooning Meditation (a practice relaxing the mind and assists the body into a deep sleep, comfortable cocooned in the Antigravity yoga Hammock), and a mindful eating vegan cooking class.
- Four Seasons Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo has a plethora of activities throughout the day, including complimentary sound healing meditation, chair massage treatments, homemade power bars, and more.
- Four Seasons Hotel Prague will focus on the physical and mental health, with options such as: a blissful yoga session, a concierge-led run around the famous Charles Bridge, and a pampering hand-treatment.
- Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square will start Global Wellness Day off with a one-on-one boxing session looking over London’s skyline, followed by rooftop yoga,mini massages, and a singing bowl meditation.
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale has a full day planned around mindfulness and holistic wellness – starting off with a Desert Bathing experience, before a 45-minute yoga class.
- At Four Seasons Resort & Residences Jackson Hole, start your day with a complimentary, one-hour outdoor yoga class, followed by a refreshing selection of juices.
- Four Seasons properties in Japan has a flurry of offerings, including a guided run and meditation by the pond at Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto, while at Four seasons Hotel Tokyo at Otemachi, guest will find slow-flow yoga, Qi Gong session (direct energy flow), and seated meditation. And lastly, Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunochi will feature a class on the calming effects of Rusie Dutton (a traditional Thai exercise) and complimentary wellness gifts.Also! Learn how to Aqua Spin at the Four Seasons Hotel Doha, along with pilates, and hatha yoga.A full’s day of activities at Four Seasons Resort Dubai, including NormaTec Air-Compression Boots sessions, Echeclon Bike Rider Challenge, and more. Paws and Relax at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, which includes relaxing time with four-legged joyologists (licensed therapy dogs), which happens right after a sun salutation yoga session. Tai chi at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake in a fusion class that includes the basic principles of Chinese martial arts, energy healing, gentle yoga and Indian classical dance.