Stylist Kylee Heath used Philip B Hair Care and Olivia Garden Tools to create her soft, sexy shiny looks
Two days of tech check, rehearsals, and 35000 miles away, hosts Amy Poehler and Tina Fey were a perfectly choreographed pair for their double duty hosting duties.
She wanted to create a look that was “really soft, smooth and a slight nod to the adorable but retro vibe of the Moschino dress”to open the show opting for it down and picking the winning side of the battle of Gen-Zers vs. millennials.
To prep she gave Amy the Philip B Peppermint and Avocado Scalp scrub to stimulate, polish, exfoliate and eliminate any build up for a smooth, clean hydrated clean start.
- Starting on damp hair I applied the incredible magnolia scented Phillip B weightless conditioning water to prep and add shine and. I blew her hair out with Olivia Garden OGE-BT45 round brush to smooth out and add volume but not without a little Thermal Protection Spray to prime and shield.
- I then created a center part and started from the bottom and working my way up from the back of the head. I added a wave using the Olivia Garden Ceramic+Ionbrush and curled 1 1/4 in sections away from the face.
- I sprayed Philip B Jet Set hairspray, to set her set.
- Then I went in with my Olivia Garden Carbosilk CS-T1 comb. which has the perfect carbon material for lifting and teasing. I teased the roots around the crown and then tucked the front behind her ears. I brushed out the waves (key to brush under! So bristles up) and then gave a final light tease.
- I smoothed the front with Philip B. Lovin’ Pomade for a super luminous shine and to help with any fly always.
- I finished the look with a spray Philip’s Russian Amber Dry Shampoo for a little texture and lift because it was a long day. I wanted a gleaming finish but soft and not to “heavy”.
- Backstage I had time for a second look so I used the Philip B Everyday Beautiful Dry Shampoo to tease the crown and through the ends and slid in a pin to hold.
- Then I combed out and pulled back the other side, pinned it back [leaving the long bangs out dusting her chin], brushed, teased and textured the ends with one more spray of Philip B Jet Set Hairspray and she was ready to hit the stage finish the night and close the show.