So, you know I have a little thing about working out while traveling. Ok, let’s just say, I like to travel to work out. Yah, I know. Weird. I love nothing more than visiting hotels and checking out their gyms (and spas, duh) and writing about my experience.
In the case of Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, I’ll talk mostly about their gym, as the hotel was an after thought for me. I went solely to experience their revolutionary new Fitness Center which seeks to redefine the hotel workout experience and present an unprecedented roster of advances for guests of all fitness levels.
And that would be totally correct. The gym is lit, as the kids say.
The transformed venue provides access to leading workout breakthroughs, from on-demand classes and shared training to customizable apps and functional zone activities. The Center also honors travelers’ increasing interest in high- and low-intensity interval training, and in strength and body weight exercise and technological assists to help maximize performance.
The equipment is extensive, including the innovative Peloton Commercial Bike – a technological first for regional travelers. Futuristic enhancements also include the new Max-Trainer from leading cardio manufacturer Octane, along with recently introduced Life Fitness cardio machines which synch with Apple GymKit.
I had two sensational workouts – fueled myself at the pool restaurant which actually had healthy choices and took two or three massive walks around the hood – which is a golf course and a desert. Both stunning, spacious and a gorgeous break from LA.
The hotel is massive and I could not quite figure out who it’s for – golfers? People heading to casinos? Who knows. Who cares. IF you are in the area and need to kick ass in a gym, head over to this one.
The gym is open to registered guests and area residents joining the hotel’s new fitness membership program, the Fitness Center presents the following innovations:
- Advanced new Peloton Bikes with commercial-grade hardware and software – now regarded as the most socially-connected and immersive indoor bikes available. The commercial Peloton is Fitbit-compatible and offers unlimited access to studio cycling classes. Guests can ride to daily live cycling classes streamed directly from Peloton’s NYC studio, or they can choose from 4,000+ on-demand workouts ranging in difficulty, length, and theme. They can track their progress with in-depth metrics and can race other riders on a real-time leaderboard. The bikes’ 22-inch high-definition, sweat-proof touch-screens fully immerse riders in every class, bringing the power of studio fitness directly into the Renaissance Indian Wells hotel setting. Local desert trails are among the included workout video options.
- Octane makes its first hotel appearance, and its only fitness center appearance anywhere in the desert, as it presents its new Max-Trainer at Renaissance Indian Wells. The Max-Trainer hybrid climber is a bold new high-intensity interval training machine which delivers ultra-efficient metabolic conditioning. It fuels major results in cardio, functional training and small group workouts.
- Life Fitness brings its treadmills, ellipticals, PowerMill Climber and recumbent bikes to the Fitness Center, all providing Apple GymKit connectivity. This allows guests to pair their Apple Watches wirelessly and seamlessly to exchange data between the watch and machine. Once connected, Apple Watch and the machine exchange data such as heart rate, calories burned, distance, speed and incline, ensuring that the metrics on the machine match what users sees on their watches.
- TRX brings further innovation to the Renaissance Indian Wells Indian Wells Fitness Center, thanks to its new TRX Suspension Trainer body weight suspension training products. Workout highlights include functional training zones as well as body weight suspension training.
- The Woodway Curve Trainer, another very rare find in the hotel world, is a completely manual treadmill which allows a user to accelerate and decelerate at any desired pace, without the need to push a button.
- Fitness On Demand: Virtual on-demand classes such as yoga, plyoga, tone & shred and Jillian Michaels “Hard Body” are available in the Center’s newly created, semi-private “Virtual Fitness Class Zone.”
- Sandbags, widely used in boutique fitness centers including elite performance, Crossfit, Bootcamps, MMA, and Boxing Clubs, are available as an additional training option to the standard dumbbells, barbells or medicine balls.
- New Kettlebells at Renaissance Indian Wells have been imported from the UK’s leading fitness product designer and supplier, Jordan Fitness.
For local membership information, which also provides access to the resort’s outdoor lawn and aqua aerobic programs, please contact +1-760-836-1265. The new Fitness Center at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa was custom designed, developed and equipped by Growth Fitness Marketing & Design of Laguna Beach, California.
Limited Number of Local Memberships Available to Area Residents